Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Issuing date of this IFB: November 3, 2017
Republic of Moldova
Moldova District Heating Efficiency Improvement Project (DHEIP)
Procurement of Plant Design, Supply, and Installation of:
Technological Upgrade of Pumping Systems using VSD in CHP-2 and HOB West
Loan/Credit Number: 8451-MD
Contract Reference: 8451-C1.12
IFB Number: ICB-C1.12
- This Invitation for Bids (IFB) follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in United Nations Development Business (UNDB) on October 29, 2014.
- The Republic of Moldova has received a loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development Bank toward the cost of Moldova District Heating Efficiency Improvement Project (DHEIP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this loan to payments under the agreement(s) resulting from this IFB.
- The Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit (MEPIU), acting on behalf of JSC “Termoelectrica”, serving as the implementing agency for the Project, now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for Procurement of Plant Design, Supply and Installation of: Technological Upgrade of Pumping Systems using VSD in CHP-2 and HOB West.
- Bidding will be conducted using the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works, and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011, revised in July 2014, and is open to all Bidders eligible as defined in these Guidelines.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested Bidders on submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Moldovan Lei 1 000.00 (one thousand), in the case of collection from the MEPIU office at the address stated below, or € 100.00 (one hundred Euro), in the case of courier delivery, net of charges. The method of payment will be by bank transfer to one of the accounts that will be provided to the interested Bidders upon the request.
- Bids must be delivered to the address given below no later than 11:00 AM (local time) on December 19, 2017, and must be accompanied by a bid security in the form and amount specified in the Bidding Document. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the office of Moldova Energy Projects Implementation Unit at the address below:
1, Alecu Russo str., Block A1
Floor/Room number: sixteenth floor, office 163
Republic of Moldova
Tel/Fax +373 22 496 790